Sunday, July 6, 2014

Art, Religion and Favorites from the Met

I love my Catholic faith, I also love art. So yesterday I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to view their incredible collection of Greek and Roman artifacts in their classical collection. I also wanted to see the Mary Cassatt oil paintings they have, as I recently heard a lecture about her work and her friendship with Edgar Degas. It was fascinating.  I also paid a visit to my favorite place in the museum, the Carroll and Milton Petrie European Sculpture Court.
The following painting of Joan of Arc is truly beautiful by Jules Bastien-Lepage

And there are so many religious works at the museum 
And then there is this great sculpture, one among many
The New American Wing has the work of
so many great American artists like this American landscape. One can never be bored in NYC.....a truly stimulating place to live or live nearby.
NJA